Home > Camper Applications and Criteria
|Summer 2013 Camper Application
*Parents/Guardians- please note our new immunization requirements: In keeping with the current CDC and NYS guidelines, pertussis booster immunization is now required for all participants. This means participants who are 6-10 years old must have 4 doses of DTaP with the last dose at age 4 or older. For participants 11 – 21 years old, they must have 5 doses with a Tdap booster at age 10 or older. Summer Camper Selection Criteria
The following criteria have been established for summer sessions 1 through 8. In order for a child to attend the Double H he/she must:
- Have a diagnosis of cancer, sickle cell anemia, hemophilia, HIV/AIDS, serious blood disorder, collagen vascular disease, inflammatory bowel disease, mitochondrial disease, and selected neuromuscular impairments (with priority given to muscular dystrophy, CP, and spina bifida) that would preclude attendance at a regular camp.
- Must be ages 6-16 for regular sessions (one through seven) and ages 17-21 and a prior Double H camper for Alumni session.
- Must have attached physician’s forms to indicate that child is medically able to attend camp and all medical information completed in order to provide the optimum level of care for the child while at camp.
While we wish we could accommodate everyone, it is impossible to guarantee enrollment. Acceptance is based on a first come, first served basis in addition to medical criteria focusing on the needs of the child and our ability to provide safe and appropriate camp programming. All applications are medically reviewed by our Nursing Director and Medical Direction.
|Sibling Program Information
Who is eligible to participate in the Sibling Program?
- Sibling of qualifying campers enrolled in any summer session.
- Priority is given to siblings of qualifying campers enrolled in Session 1.
- Sibling between the ages of 6-16.
- We will not be able to allow qualifying campers to move sessions. Therefore, the qualifying camper and siblings may not be able to attend the same session.
How to apply for the Sibling Program?
- Completion of Double H Sibling Application.
- All sibling applications will be medically reviewed for approval.
- Admission will be based on a first come, first served basis (limited space is available).
If you have any questions/concerns or would like a hardcopy of the Summer 2013 Camper application please contact the Double H Ranch Admissions Department.
If your child is an individual camper,
please contact Caroline Kenney- Admissions Coordinator at 518-696-5676 x263 or email@example.com
If your child attends with a hospital group,
please contact Tara Bogucki- Admissions Director at 518-696-5676 x222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions Office fax- 518-696-9927
Dates for Summer 2013:
Open House June 2nd 1pm – 4pm
Session 1 June 20 – June 25
Session 2 June 28 – July 3
Session 3 July 6 – July 11
Session 4 July 15 – July 20
Session 5 July 23 – July 28
Session 6 July 31 – August 5
Session 7 August 8 – August 13
Alumni August 16 – August 20