Winter Student Application
The 2013 Adaptive Winter Sports Program online application process is now closed. Confirmation packets will be sent out to accepted students before the end of December. If you are still interested in applying or have any questions regarding the program or application process, please email Admissions Director, Tara Bogucki or call 518-696-5676 ext. 222.
*Parents/Guardians- please note our new immunization requirements: In keeping with the current CDC and NYS guidelines, pertussis booster immunization is now required for all participants. This means participants who are 6-10 years old must have 4 doses of DTaP with the last dose at age 4 or older. For participants 11 – 21 years old, they must have 5 doses with a Tdap booster at age 10 or older.Winter Student Selection Criteria
Winter Student Selection Criteria
The following criteria have been established for attendance in the winter program. In order for a child to attend he/she must:
- Have a medical diagnosis of malignancy, a serious blood disorder such as Leukemia, Sickle Cell Anemia, Hemophilia, HIV/AIDS, Collagen Vascular Disease, Autism Spectrum Disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, visual impairments or select neuromuscular impairments (such as Muscular Dystrophy, Spina Bifida or Cerebral Palsy).
- Be age 6-16 years old.
- Be medically unable to attend any other winter program.
Requirements for the winter student application:
- All parent forms must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian.
- Medical forms must be completed and signed by a health-care provider.
- Complete immunization records are required for all participants to attend Double H.
- Completed calendar of your child’s available dates.
Adaptive Winter Sports Program Policies:
- It is mandatory for a parent/guardian to remain onsite while your child(ren) participates in the program.
- All programs are free of charge, however, transportation to and from the Ranch is the responsibility of the family.
- Family members (parents/siblings) will only be allowed to ski on scheduled Family Sleepover Weekends.
A Typical Day:
9:00am – Get equipped for the slopes
10am – Hit the slopes
12pm – Lunch time
1pm – Back on the slopes
3pm – Call it a day
We would like to be able to accept every child that applies to the Double H, but we often receive more interest than we have space for! All applications are subject to a medical review by our Nursing Director. Decisions regarding acceptance are based upon the child’s inability to attend a typical mountain, the severity of the child’s medical needs and other factors (age, gender, etc.). Double H Ranch reserves the right to make selections/decisions based on other factors as deemed appropriate by the qualified staff.
Once approved for the Adaptive Winter Sports Program, confirmation letters will be mailed home. If your child is put on a waiting list, we will contact you if we have a cancellation.