Physicians and nursing specialists provide each child with around-the-clock care in pediatric hematology and oncology, infectious diseases and critical care. We provide the following services and staff:
- Paul’s Body Shop, our 24-hour medical facility, provides the facilities needed by campers. The Body Shop is staffed 24 hours a day by pediatric nurses.
- The Albany Medical Center coordinates with the Double H Ranch to provide licensed physicians. These physicians are on site for the entire session and are available 24 hours a day.
- Body Shop staff nurses provide a continuity of care throughout the summer. These nurses are supplemented with volunteer nurses from around the country.
- A clinical child psychologist is available for counseling and crisis intervention for campers and counselors.
- A Medical Advisory Board comprised of physicians, nurses and other clinical professionals consistently reviews medical protocols and provides current information from the medical community.
As the number of children served by the camp with more intense medical needs has increased, the level of medical care and treatment administered in the Body Shop has continued to grow. The Double H Ranch’s medical services include factor infusions, respiratory treatments, IV fluids, catheterizations and the administration of the extensive medications needed by the campers.
Watch our Medical Volunteer Video
If you are interested in learning more about various medical volunteer opportunities, please email our Nursing Director, Stephanie Neaton.