Adaptive Winter Sports Program Update
October 27, 2020
As a cherished member of the Double H Ranch, you understand better than anyone the importance of providing Safe Fun. With that in mind, I am writing today to let you know that we have made the difficult decision to suspend our on-site Adaptive Winter Sports Program for the 2021 Season.
Under the advisement of our Medical Advisory Board with input from our year-round team, and review by our Board of Directors, it was determined that the risk is too great to offer on-site programs at this time.
Since the beginning of March 2020, COVID-19 has been a disrupter in all of our lives. While we are disappointed that we cannot provide ski and snowboard lessons this winter, we have had the summer and fall to discover how we can provide the needed connections that our children and families deserve during this isolating and challenging time.
Our team is working to create new and innovative ways to engage and support our children throughout the winter incorporating what we have learned over the past eight months.
Please know that we will continue to monitor and evaluate when we can safely gather at camp once again. Thank you for your support as we navigate these uncharted waters together. My biggest wish is health and happiness to you and your family.
Health & Happiness,
Helping Kids Cope during the Coronavirus Pandemic
Dr. Gerry Florio, PhD
We advise the following to Safety Guidelines for COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are sick, stay home and do not attend Double H programs or events.
- All participants will be given a health screening prior to all programs
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 518-696-5676.