*Updated Tuesday, March 31, 2020
A Message from Max Yurenda, CEO
As part of our Double H Ranch family, you are always in our thoughts and we hope you are all well and staying safe and healthy. At the Double H Ranch, we realize the impact of COVID-19 is evolving on a daily basis and we understand that it is affecting each of us on a personal level.
As you know, COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus. Our Medical Advisory Board and Crisis Response Team have carefully considered all available information on how it is spread to understand whether we could continue to hold our traditional camp programs while keeping our campers, staff, and volunteers safe.
Our first priority remains the health and safety of those we are privileged to serve at camp. I’m writing to you today to share our difficult decision to suspend the traditional Summer Residential Camp 2020, in addition to Spring Family Weekends and Camp Inspiration, at Double H Ranch.
While we understand this is disappointing, the decision was made in the best interest of the children who are entrusted in our care.
The following areas of concern helped to guide this decision:
• Strict social distancing policies cannot be accomplished in a summer camp environment.
• Our medical team will be needed more than ever in the hospitals and clinics to care for those affected by COVID-19.
• In the spirit of our Core Value of having Safe Fun, we continue to prioritize the safety of our campers and we believe the risk is too great to host a traditional summer camp program.
While we will not be hosting traditional residential summer camp on-site, we are committed to providing alternative and virtual programs to all our campers and families. We will plan to bring the magic of camp to the children and families who have counted on us for over 27 years. Our programming staff is hard at work developing new and unique ways to engage with our courageous and resilient campers. Alongside developing new programming, we are exploring ways to continue engaging volunteers for the benefit of our campers, families, and staff. Please stay tuned for updates.
We are so grateful for our extended Double H Ranch Family and we will all get through this together. Please know that during this uncertain time we are here for you and we hope that your thoughts and memories of camp will provide you with strength and the sense of community that makes Double H Ranch so special.
Health & Happiness,
Helping Kids Cope during the Coronavirus Pandemic
Dr. Gerry Florio, PhD
We advise the following to Safety Guidelines for COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you are sick, stay home and do not attend Double H programs or events.
- All participants will be given a health screening prior to all programs
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 518-696-5676.