Dear Double H Ranch Family,
After the horrific events in Baltimore, Georgia, and Minnesota, I feel it is critical to share with you the Double H Ranch’s stance against racism and discrimination of any kind, as we stand in solidarity in the fight against inequality and injustice towards the Black Community. The Double H Ranch is a non-discriminatory organization committed to inclusion. Our organization strives to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation is accepted and has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity.
Our core values set the foundation for celebrating our campers, volunteers, staff and entire Double H Ranch community, as well as maintaining a safe and inclusive environment in all aspects of the work we do.
Double H Ranch families, campers, staff and volunteers may face systemic barriers, and through our mission we seek to create equitable, accessible opportunities for all populations in our service. We celebrate and honor the diverse perspectives of our community and are committed to continually providing an inclusive environment. We believe this is essential to providing the best possible experience for everyone at Double H Ranch.
While we strive to do our best, we know there is still important work to be done. We have taken the following actions and promise to continue to set goals to advance racial equity and inclusivity within the Double H Ranch community:
• Instituted DEI Training for our year-round staff, seasonal staff and volunteers and we plan to increase this training as we move forward.
• Implemented a Double H Ranch Inclusion Policy to outline our continued commitment to creating an inclusive and diverse environment in all facets of the organization.
• Encouraged staff recruitment strategies to reflect the needs of our population.
• Designated the use of gender-neutral bathrooms through camp facility
• Surveyed staff, volunteer, camper & family program attendees to gain feedback on success and growth opportunities of Inclusion Policy.
Our team is discussing how we can continue to educate ourselves on how we can strengthen our DEI initiatives. Racism has no place in this world. We promise to do our part to listen, learn and act in hopes of eradicating racism from society. We recognize that real change requires a participatory process, collective conversation and contemplation along with intentional surrender and sharing of power.
Health & Happiness,
Max Yurenda, CEO