We are pleased to be welcoming campers, seasonal staff, and volunteers back onsite for a residential 2021 Summer Camp Program at approximately 30% capacity. In designing and operating the summer program, we will be closely following summer camp guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), New York State (NYS), our local Department of Health (DOH), and the American Camping Association (ACA). We will also be operating based on recommendations from the SeriousFun Children’s Network (SFCN) that were created specifically for camps serving children with serious illnesses. This summer more than ever, our seasonal staff will help provide Double H’s primary Core Value for campers: Safe Fun!
This summer will encompass many changes and policies that are sure to evolve as the COVID-19 guidelines shift in the months to come. To support the implementation of these changes, seasonal staff will be asked to take on additional responsibilities in program area facilitation, adapting traditional camp events, and creative programming for small groups. Flexibility and patience will be necessary skills as we head into a Summer of new challenges. We are excited to welcome these changes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and we hope you are excited to join us!
Before You Apply:
Please read the requirements for 2021 Summer Camp Staff and be prepared to commit to the following to keep everyone at camp safe…
• Staff will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. (Double H qualifies as a Phase 1b Organization in New York State. Therefore, all staff are currently eligible to receive the vaccine(s)).
• Staff will comply with all onsite safety protocols, including but not limited to mask wearing, maintaining cabin pods with set campers and counselors, maintaining personal hygiene through proper handwashing and coughing techniques, and participating in health screenings, isolating, and/or PCR testing when necessary.
• Staff will consistently self-monitor for symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and practice low-risk behaviors while offsite: avoid large gatherings, maintain physical distance, and wear a mask when around others.
Requirements for All Seasonal Staff Positions
- 19 years of age, or 18 and have completed their first year of college.
- Prior experience working with children.
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to changes.
- A desire to have fun and make campers have a summer to remember.
- Must be able to provide complete, independent personal care for yourself regarding hygiene maintenance, medical needs, and medication administration.
- Must be able to provide personal care for campers including bathing, toileting, changing diapers, dressing, transferring children out of their wheelchair, etc.
- Must be physically and mentally able to work 12-hour shifts with limited breaks.
- Must possess the strength and stamina to maintain constant supervision of campers for the duration of the season.
- Be able to push, pull, lift, and carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to supervise and instruct campers; will require the ability to walk, sit, climb, kneel, crouch, and stand.