The goal of Camp On-The-Go, Double H Ranch’s Hospital Outreach Program, is to improve the quality of life for children and families in the hospital or medical-based setting by bringing the magic of camp to them! Regular visits are scheduled that will transport a child to a true camp experience in a playroom, at their bedside or at medical community events. The program offers a time of laughter, creativity, hope, friendship, and encouragement to children whose lives are disrupted and fractured by illness. Camp On-The-Go also increases awareness of programming opportunities offered at the Double H Ranch to medical professionals, eligible campers, and their families.
The Hospital Outreach Director and a team of trained volunteers help facilitate this exciting and impactful program. If you have been a staff member or session volunteer at Double H Ranch in the past, you are eligible to join the Camp On-The-Go team! To receive information on how to get involved, please contact Jacqui Royael, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating Hospitals and Medical-Based Organizations:
• Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital & Melodies Center, Albany Medical Center
• The Ronald McDonald House of Albany, NY
• St. Margaret’s Center, Albany, NY
• Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital & Waters Center, SUNY Upstate Medical Center
• Golisano Children’s Hospital, University of Rochester Medical Center
• 13Thirty Cancer Connect, Rochester, NY
• Mary M. Gooley Hemophilia Center, Rochester, NY
• Cohen Children’s Medical Center, Long Island, NY
• Richmond Medical Center, Staten Island, NY
• Children’s Hospital & Molly’s Place at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
• David’s House of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
In-Depth: Bringing summer camp fun to seriously ill children, year round by WNYT News Channel 13