Program Date: June 14-18, 2023
Camp Inspiration is a family program designed for campers aged 5-21 years old who require respiratory assistance, such as BIPAP, CPAP, supplemental oxygen, or are ventilator dependent. Camp Inspiration gives campers and families the chance to participate in typical camp activities like swimming, the high ropes course, and arts and crafts. Families can also participate in a talent show and share stories around the campfire.
During Camp Inspiration, camper families provide all medical care including administering routine medications, therapies, and other daily care. Our volunteer medical team of doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists are onsite to ensure a safe environment during the program. The medical team may provide assistance to families and full-care to campers who join us from hospitals or care facilities.
All programs are offered FREE of charge; however, transportation expenses and arrangements are the responsibility of individual families or facilities.
To attend Camp Inspiration, campers must:
- Require breathing assistance (CPAP, BiPAP, ventilator, supplemental oxygen, etc.).
- Be 5-21 years old.
- Submit an online application, including camp Physical Exam Form, immunization record and all applicable diagnosis specific medical forms for review by the medical team.
- ALL campers and participating family members must be fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC recommendations, including COVID-19. This means everyone must have a complete primary series of either Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccines AND, if eligible, one booster dose at least five months after the last dose of their primary series.
Eligible family members:
- Immediate family members
- Those who share the same home as the eligible camper
- Family nurses or care providers
Application Process & Timeline
Application Period: February 28 – June 2
All campers and participating family members must submit an application for review and approval by the Double H Medical Team. Spots in the program are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Start My Camper Application
Start The Family Application
Printable Application Forms
If you are applying online, the relevant medical forms will be automatically emailed to you once your application is submitted. If you are applying with a paper application, you can download the forms that are relevant to your child’s medical diagnosis and needs below…
Camp Inspiration Form – Required of all medically qualifying campers.
Camper Physical Exam Form – Required of all medically qualifying campers. Double H keeps physical information on file up to a year after the exam date. If you are unsure if your child’s application requires an updated physical, please contact the Admissions Office.
Supplemental Medical Forms – Applicants are asked to complete and submit any of the supplemental forms that are relevant to their diagnosis and needs. Please see the complete list of supplemental forms on the Dates & Application Page.
Questions about Camp Inspriation? Please contact Tara Bogucki, Admissions Director
email@example.com | 518-696-5676 x222.