Camp Inspiration is a family program designed for campers aged 5-21 years old who require respiratory assistance, such as BIPAP, CPAP, supplemental oxygen, or are ventilator dependent. Camp Inspiration allows campers and families to participate in typical camp activities including swimming, the high ropes course, and arts and crafts. Families can also participate in a talent show and share stories around the campfire. All spots are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
During Camp Inspiration, camper families provide all medical care while onsite, including administering routine medications, therapies, and other daily care. Our volunteer medical team consists of doctors, nurses, and respiratory therapists who are available at all times. The medical team may provide assistance to families and full-care to campers who join us from hospitals or care facilities.
The program is offered at no charge; however, transportation expenses and arrangements are the responsibility of individual families/facilities
To attend Camp Inspiration, campers must:
- Require breathing assistance (CPAP, BiPAP, ventilator, etc.).
- Be 5-21 years old.
- Submit an online application, including camp Physical Exam Form, immunization record and all applicable diagnosis specific medical forms for review by the medical team.
- New! ALL campers and participating family members are required to be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19, including a booster dose** if eligible. (*Must have a complete primary series of either Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccines. **If eligible, must receive a booster dose at least five months after receiving the last dose of the primary series.)
Eligible family members:
- Immediate family members
- Those who share the same home as the eligible camper
- Family nurses or care providers
How To Apply
The 2023 Camp Inspiration Application will be available in Spring of 2023. All campers and participating family members must submit information for review and approval by the Double H Medical Team.
Questions about Camp Inspriation? Please contact Tara Bogucki, Admissions Director
email@example.com | 518-696-5676 x222.