Friday, September 29 – Sunday, October 1
Cindy’s Fall Comfort Camp is a bereavement weekend designed to serve campers (ages 6 – 17) who have lost a close family member, and is run in collaboration with The Cancer Center at Glens Falls Hospital. Campers will participate in camp activities, attend professionally guided support sessions, and meet others who have shared a similar experience.
Visit Cindy’s Comfort Camps to learn more.
Friday, October 6 – Monday, October 9
Bravehearts is an oncology camp for women run in collaboration with the Bravehearts Organization. The weekend is packed with outdoor activities and physical engagement, including opportunities to try a high ropes course and horseback riding. For the calmer spirits, there are also crafts, water aerobics, and nature walks. Women are encouraged to grow in self-confidence and friendship as they share life experiences before and after treatment.
Visit Bravehearts Camp to learn more.
- NEW! Neuromuscular Family Weekend: Friday, October 13 – Sunday, October 15
- General Family Weekend #1: Friday, October 20 – Sunday, October 22
- General Family Weekend #2: Friday, October 27 – Sunday, October 29
Family Weekends are designed for medically qualifying campers, aged 5-21, and their families to enjoy the magic of camp together. Families can participate in fun camp activities, like archery and the ropes course, during the day and evening events like the talent show at night. Families are given private accommodations in camper cabins with all meals provided throughout the weekend.
Camper & Family Member Eligibility
- Neuromuscular Family Weekend: Campers must be aged 5-21 years old, and have a qualifying medical diagnosis of cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, and other selected neuromuscular or neurological disorders.
- General Family Weekend: Campers must be aged 5-21 years old, and have a qualifying medical diagnosis of CAH, Cancer, Collagen Vascular Disease, Congenital Cardiac Defects, Hemophilia/von Willebrands, Shunt Dependent Hydrocephalus, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Immune Disorder/HIV, Mitochondrial Disease, Neuromuscular Disorders, or Sickle Cell Anemia
- Family members must be immediate relatives or live in the same household as the medically qualifying camper.
- ALL campers and participating family members must be fully vaccinated in accordance with CDC recommendations, including COVID-19. This means participants must have a complete primary series of either Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccines OR one dose of the bivalent vaccine. The COVID booster is highly recommended.
Application Process: Submit your family application online today!
Please note our application deadlines…
- Neuromuscular Family Weekend: Friday, October 6
- General Family Weekends #1 & #2: Friday, October 13
After the online application has been submitted, campers are asked to provide a current physical and immunization record. Participating family members are also asked to provide their own immunization dates.
Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee a spot in the program. Once all necessary information has been received, applications are reviewed by the Double H Medical Team for approval and offered lessons based on availability.
Questions about Spring and Fall Weekend Programming? Contact the Admissions Office
email@example.com | (518) 696-5676 ext.285