Safe Fun is one of our core values at Double H, and the top priority when it comes to programming. Safety is a major factor in childhood; it’s no different at camp. Our staff and volunteers are trained with the tools required to provide the utmost quality of care for our campers and families. We provide the highest standards of excellence and quality assurance in all areas, so that the intricacies of medical illness do not diminish the excitement and wonder of having limitless fun.
During the Summer Camp Program…
- Our camper to counselor ratio is 2:1 in every cabin.
- An onsite medical team of licensed doctors and nurses are available at all times to provide camper care.
- Seasonal staff fulfill training requirements before sessions begin in topics such as inclusive programming, providing personal care for campers, and child behavior techniques.
- Activity Leaders are certified and qualified to instruct campers in their program areas, including archery, lifeguarding, and the high ropes course.
COVID-19 Related Precautions
- We closely follow summer camp guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), New York State (NYS), our local Department of Health (DOH) and the American Camping Association (ACA).
- Campers, volunteers, and staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster dose if eligible.
- Campers, volunteers, and staff are asked to screen for symptoms before, during, and after camp sessions.
- Campers, volunteers, and staff follow safe masking and physical distancing practices.
- Cabins move in pods, maintaining the same campers and counselors throughout the week.